Yu Smile Dental is pleased to offer top-quality restorative dentistry services at our practice in Fairfield, CA. Restorative dentistry is a particular branch of dentistry that concentrates on restoring and recovering the health and functionality of your teeth after any tooth damage, tooth decay, or even tooth loss. We offer a variety of restorative dental options to meet every individuals specific dental needs. Whether you are missing a tooth, several teeth, or even all of your teeth, Yu Smile Dental is here to provide you with any restorative dental work you might need. We also offer solutions for restoring damaged or rotting teeth. When you visit Yu Smile Dental, our highly skilled dentist will carefully check your teeth and offer the best solution that would fit your needs and preferences. Based on the results of the examination, Dr. Yu will offer the best possible recommendations for restoring your smile back to perfection.
Yu Smile Dental in Fairfield has many options for restorative dentistry:
- Basic Restorative Dentistry – Restorative treatments are designed to recover teeth and gums to a better condition. Restorations are the different ways the dentist can replace or restore missing or decayed teeth or even broken parts of a tooth structure. Tooth structure can sometimes break off because of decay or weakening of a previous restoration, or a fractured tooth. The following includes the types of restorative dentistry you can get at Yu Smile Dental:
- Bridges – are false teeth that are made to “bridge” the gap between one or more missing teeth. Bridges can be attached on either side of the tooth by crowns and then cemented permanently into place.
- Composite Fillings – Filling are the most common procedure for these types of dental restorations.
- Crowns – are a tooth shaped cap that is attached over a tooth to get it back to its natural shape, strength, size, and appearance. The main purpose of a crown is to hold the bridge in place or to cover an existing dental implant. The process of a crown restoration is important because the tooth needs to be filled down evenly on the sides so that the crown will be a perfect replica of the natural tooth and restores the size and shape of the tooth. Crowns are usually done within 2 visits, it is a longer process because it commonly involves an impression (mold of your teeth) that is sent to a lab, while you are fitted with a temporary filling/crown while you wait for the lab to create your permanent crown. This process can be done faster with technology that takes a digital impression and is then sent to a milling machine that will create a crown in the office where it can sometimes be done in one visit.
- Dental Bonding – If you have a chipped or cracked tooth, dental bonding can repair it and restore the natural structure of the tooth with a powerful resin. Often used to fix chips, cracks, or even fill spaces between teeth.
- Dental Implants – are replacements of the entire tooth and root. Implants are basically a metal rod that replaces the foundation structure if the tooth, usually made of titanium or a titanium mixture that is placed into the bone socket where the new tooth will be placed. The implant might need an attachment called an “abutment” that acts as a preparation for the crown, then it gets covered with the crown.
- Digital X-Rays – Digital x-rays are a newer technology that allows a 90% reduction with the amount of radiation emitted compared to traditional x-rays. The results of digital x rays are also available instantly, on an LCD screen.
- Extractions – If the level of decay on a tooth is beyond repairable when all other options have been considered but won’t improve the situation, there is the option of removing the tooth completely.
- Inlays and Onlays – Inlays and onlays are done to protect and restore the bigger portion of a decayed tooth, similar to a large filling.
- Laser Dentistry – A painless, drill-less type of procedure that speeds up healing time, allows appointments to be faster and does not need much anesthetic. .
- Mercury-Free Fillings – Tooth colored material that is used to fill teeth instead of metal amalgam fillings to fill and restore teeth.
- Periodontal Services – Treatment for diseases that are under the gum line, treating the attachment of the teeth and the supporting tissues.
- Root Canals – With this procedure, the top of a tooth is removed, the root gets sterilized and treated, then the tooth is topped with a crown to cover and seal the tooth root.
- Sealants – A thin plastic coated layer that fills in the gaps on molars and premolars, to protect the tooth and prevent decay.
- Veneers – Ultra-thin layers of ceramic, bonded permanently to the front of teeth to improve the cosmetic appearance of teeth. Veneers are strong porcelain shields that are bonded over the teeth to cover discolorations, chips, cracks, or gaps on the teeth. This is often known as the “Hollywood smile” procedure since it gives you that “perfect smile” look. One of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures.
- White Fillings –A filling is done to restore a tooth that has been damaged by decay. The decay is removed and the cavity is filled with a tooth colored material. White colored, non-metal fillings are made of a specific material to fill and seal the tooth to prevent further cavities.
- Oral Surgery – A variety of procedures that might be needed for conditions such as extraction of wisdom teeth, making dental implants, removal of oral lesions, and any other required surgeries.
- CBCT Scans – A CBCT is 3D Imaging allows the dentist to check osseous pathology which is tooth and bone connections, the dentist can see where there might be impacted teeth, and check tooth and bone anatomy. CBCT scans are often used for evaluating dental implants.
By getting restorative dentistry, you will have healthy, functional, and beautiful teeth once again. Our restorative dentistry options are all made to look natural and function comfortably, to ensure confidence in your smile. Get back the freedom you need to smile, eat, speak and laugh confidently again! If you are interested in restorative dentistry or would like to know more, Yu Smile Dental welcomes you to call or visit us today, we are eager to help you regain your smile!